Lt. Jim Gavin of The Los Angeles Police Department! His Cheese Might Have Done Slid Off His Cracker At Fort Hernandez Protest!
You can pause intro music below.
“That’s alright. Don’t worry about it. You guys think I’m crazy? Wait until the department sees the video. They will know I’m crazy too. It’s all good.” – Lt. Jim Gavin of the Los Angeles Police Dept.
It has been said by many that Lt. Jim Gavin of the Los Angeles police department might have had what people are calling a “falling down” and “cheese done slid off his cracker” sort of moment at the Fort Hernandez protest in Van Nuys on October, 4th, 2012. This is mainly because of a youtube that has been posted by the OccupyLosAnglesNews.org on the internet showing a potentially disgruntled Lt. Jim Gavin of the Los Angeles police department interacting with a silent and stunned crowd of protestors.
The Hernandez family first defaulted on their Countrywide home loan mortgage because they could not afford their payment after their interest rate was raised on them back in 2008. This unfortunately put the Hernandez family on a crash collision course with the Obama administration’s and the United States Treasury Department’s potentially irregular, fraudulent, illegal and simply abusive Home Affordable Modification Program – better known as HAMP. Now the Hernandez family is facing imminent police eviction by force. This is after they refused to leave their three-bedroom home in Van Nuys when they received a notice last August to vacate the home. Since then — the home has now been dubbed by the San Fernando Occupy movement as being – Fort Hernandez. It was then reported that there were hundreds of supporters that set up camp in front of the Hernandez home, which would then lead to some complaints being made to the Los Angeles police department by the surrounding neighbors. This would now put them on a crash collision course with the Los Angeles police department.
Piggybankblog posted an article about Fort Hernandez on October 18, 2012. - article This was after we received several reports from people who were concerned that the Hernandez family might be using children as human shields to avoid foreclosure. This of course had many concerned because there might be an aggressive raid done by the police to evict the Hernandez family. The Piggybankblog article also pointed out that the youtubes we viewed displayed that the Los Angeles police seemed to be just doing their job. That is why Piggybankblog.com was not able to confirm or deny any of the Hernandez family complaints that suggested that the LAPD had been harassing them. That was until a youtube was sent to us showing a very potentially disgruntled Lt. Jim Gavin from the Los Angeles police department doing what he called in the youtube a “couch count”.
Wow! Lt. Jim Gavin is like something out of the Twilight Zone!
These are some of the potentially snarky and passive-aggressive statements made by Lt. Jim Gavin of the Los Angeles police department in the youtube.
- “Did you know they were behind 48 months? They did not make a house payment. Isn’t that great? I wish I could live like that. Did we know that? Or, did we just think B of A was just ripping them off?” (snarky tone)
- “How many of you guys do not have to make a house payment for 48 months? Raise your hand.” (snarky tone)
- “So who is responsible for all this? Huh? Gosh – we had our first chance to use our First Amendment Right — and now we are afraid to. Isn’t that crazy? All this other time – for 24 months you guys are like – wah – wah – wah – like Charlie Brown. But now I am out here and you can’t say a word. You don’t know what to say.” (snarky tone)
- “I just want to know if this is going to be on facebook so that I can let my kids know too.” (snarky tone)
- “Notice how intimidated I am by you guys? Isn’t that crazy?” (snarky tone) (Yes it is)
- “Was it exciting this morning? Huh? No comment? You guys are frozen? Don’t know what to do? You guys can look at me. You won’t turn into rock or salt.” (snarky tone)
- “You guys know that you are not to be out in the street like this, right? It’s illegal. You can actually get a ticket. Did you know that? Seriously? Did you? Huh? (Almost sounded like Dirty Harry) Are you afraid? Is that why we have the bandana? Or – is that supposed to intimidate me?” (snarky tone)
- “You guys are so cool.” (snarky tone)
- “Does anyone need my serial number before I leave?” (snarky tone)
- (One of the protestors asks for his business card) “I don’t have a business card. I’m sorry. Would you like my Chase debit card? I can’t give you the pin number. I just got paid yesterday. I don’t have enough money to give out.” (snarky tone)
- “I don’t have a business card. They don’t give them to me. I forgot to get some.” (snarky tone)
- “I didn’t know I was going to come out here and have a social meeting with you guys. I didn’t know I was invited. So I just came out here.” (snarky tone)
- “Yeah – don’t say anything. Remember — you have a First Amendment to be quite too. You don’t have to talk. Huh?” (snarky tone)
- “It’s fun isn’t it? I mean — to think about it – you guys are all sitting here having a good time. Then I show up and you don’t know what to do. You’re frozen. It’s like – what do I do now? The police are standing here with us. Gosh – we were just talking about all sorts of social issues – and now — an agent of the government is standing amongst us – and now — we are frozen like rocks. It’s incredible.”
- “That’s alright. Don’t worry about it. You guys think I’m crazy? Wait until the department sees the video. They will know I’m crazy too. It’s all good.”
The interesting thing is that Lt. Jim Gavin did not seem worried about the fact that he was being recorded. The youtube instead displays that Lt. Jim Gavin apparently had an opinion about those of you out here that are not paying your mortgage. The question is — was it appropriate for Lt. Jim Gavin to potentially insult — not only the Hernandez family – but potentially anyone who is not paying their mortgage during this time? I say this because he was giving his potentially disgruntled opinion while having a Los Angeles police department badge on and gun strapped to his side.
Lt. Gavin asked: “Did you know they were behind 48 months? They did not make a house payment. Isn’t that great? I wish I could live like that. Did we know that? Or, did we just think B of A was just ripping them off? How many of you guys do not have to make a house payment for 48 months? Raise your hand.”
Now I may not agree with the Hernandez argument that they should receive this house for free because housing is a right. However, I do believe that Lt. Jim Gavin should understand that does not mean the bank should get a house for free and clear either. That is if it has been determined by the homeowner that the servicer has incorrectly and fraudulently identified the owner of the debt. Yet I am not sure what the Hernandez family is using as the basis of the argument. I am just sure that it did not warrant Lt. Jim Gavin insulting anyone who has not paid their mortgage. This is especially since they are only doing exactly what some of our elected officials are telling us to do.
That is why Lt. Gavin and the LAPD should understand that we are only doing what Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur told us to do. That is why they should understand it is not appropriate to potentially talk about the homeowner that is not paying their mortgage as if they are criminals. This is because they are not criminals. They are also not deadbeat homeowners. That is especially after you consider there might be evidence that shows they could be victims of a crime in progress. - Read about break in the chain of title
Apparently, this might not be the first time Lt. Gavin has been potentially accused of acting well beyond his expertise.
May 27th, 2011 — CBS 48 hours
Well this might certainly explain why he might be a “couch counter” for the LAPD now. However, what is interesting is that Lt. Gavin filed a lawsuit stating that his Civil Rights were violated. However, did he seem concerned about our Civil Rights? It sure did not look like it.
Then Gavin said: “This can happen to you. This can happen to your loved ones. This should not happen.”
Buy why should we feel sorry for him if he does not feel sorry for us?
The other interesting thing is that the interview points out that the LAPD said that Gavin acted well beyond his area of expertise.
Now many in our community feel that Lt. Jim Gavin and the Los Angeles police department owe us an apology after they watched this youtube. That is why I contacted the LAPD media relations with a request for an interview with Lt. Jim Gavin. Unfortunately, the LAPD media relations responded back with the fact that Lt. Jim Gavin would not be able to provide Piggybankblog with an interview.
Therefore, I responded back with the following email.
That is rather unfortunate. I say this because it might be said that Lt. Gavin should not speak into a camera to the media if he is not willing to back those statements up with the media. This is coming from a guy who wrote an article that was clearly in favor of the LAPD. With that being said — it should be noted that I will not write an article in favor of the LAPD in the future if I see this kind of strange provoking behavior again. Why should that matter? It should matter because my tracker shows that the United States Senate and House of Representatives – along with the California Attorney General’s office and other public officials read my blog on daily basis. That is why he should be reminded that the whole world is watching.
Lt. Gavin’s actions and tenor seemed to not only imply that he was not intimidated by the Hernandez protestors – but ultimately by the media either. That is why Lt. Gavin seemed a little too “emotionally disgruntled” to be involved in the Fort Hernandez situation. This clearly concerns the public when there is an emotional situation that involves children depending on the emotional stability of the police there. That is why I was hoping he could tell me something that would explain this sort of “falling down” and “cheese done slid off his cracker” moment that he had. I say this because this situation would have scared me if I was there. This is mainly because he seemed to be disgruntled and emotional while having a gun strapped to his side. He even expressed at one point that he understood that the people back at the station would think he was crazy. I am guessing he is right. That is why I am sure that he will understand why the people in the media might think that too right about now. We did not think he was as cool as he might have thought he was.
In conclusion, Lt. Gavin’s actions might lend credit to the Fort Hernandez protesters claims that they are indeed being provoked and harassed by the police. I assure you that the public involved in this issue with the banks will not be amused by this strange and purely harassing behavior. That is unless there is a reasonable explanation that is given that shows the protestors are safe exercising their First Amendment Right.
Therefore, could you please direct me to a person there that can answer the following questions?
- Does Lt. Gavin’s statements represent the position of the LAPD?
- Was there any disciplinary action taken in regards to this situation?
- Will the LAPD be sending a Lt. in the future to do a couch count?
- Who sent Lt. Gavin to do a couch count? He said someone sent them. What was their name?
- Will Lt. Gavin be sent on any further calls to Fort Hernandez? Or – has he been removed from the situation because of the potential disgruntled feelings he has?
The LAPD never responded to my request. That is why it might actually look like Lt. Jim Gavin and the LAPD are actually the ones that might have been like – wah – wah – wah — like Charlie Brown the whole time in the youtube. But now that the media is here they can’t say a word. Yet it is fun — isn’t it? I mean if you think about it – Lt. Jim Gavin and the LAPD were probably all just sitting there having a good time. Then the media shows up. Now they don’t know what to do. They are frozen. It’s like – what do I do now? The media is standing here with us. Gosh – we were just talking about all sorts of social issues. Now an agent of the media is standing amongst us — and now — we are frozen like rocks.
Please be sure to pass this link to your friends.
Send it to the press too.
You may enter a complaint with the Mayor of Los Angeles by clicking here.
Feel free to send the link to this article in your complaint.
Update 12/28/12: ‘Fort Hernandez’ Evicted And Occupy LA Protesters Removed From Home (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
My name is John Wright AND I AM FIGHTING BACK!
All Rise! The Honorable Judge Wright has left The Courtroom of Public Opinion!
Your donation makes a difference in my life.
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning – any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other “picture” art posted on my profile.
You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee , agent , student or any personnel under your direction or control.
The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE